Estimated reading time: 0 minutes, 38 seconds
One of the leading International Telco’s requested Falcorp to migrate a 100TB Sybase IQ Operational Data Store to an Oracle Exadata to provide a more cost effective system. The team was further required to enhance the functionality of the existing system.
- Migrate a 100TB ODS from Sysbase to Oracle
- Decommission the existing system.
- Improve Performance of the ODS
- Optimise the management of the ODS
- Support the ODS on the Exadata
- Desired cost savings achieved
- The business was able to standardise on one platform
- Improved Performance
- Operational support enhanced
- Client experience improved by 80% resulting in huge time saving.
Scope of Engagement
- Oracle Architect/s
- Oracle Consultants
- Oracle Developers
- Business Analysts
- Oracle ODS with multiple new data sources added.
- Operational and end user training provided